Followers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Man, The Legend, Bob Seger


One can NOT fail to notice, when it comes to Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, the reviews are all positive.

My all time favorite group, is on tour for what is said to be for the last time.  I have never had the privilege of attending a single solitary performance. When it was announced they would be in Tulsa, I started my quest in finding suitable tickets.

Tulsa has an anti-scalping law on the books. This law states it is illegal to sell a ticket for more than face value. The problem with this law, it was written long before the days of the Internet.  There is no way to enforce it. Tickets on Craigslist are ridicules and of course, those are the people that have the seats I want.

Well, as it happens, the tour also has a stop in Little Rock, Arkansas. Not that far on down the road from Tulsa.  This area does have restrictions in place to keep the ticket prices from skyrocketing.  I don't fully understand how it works, but, from what I gather, the person who buys them online, must show up with the same credit card that paid for them, plus show a photo ID, in the same name. However its done, don't really care in the details, cause, this is where we will attend the show. Take that Tulsa Scalpers!  HA HA HA!

If given a single wish, it would be for the performance to be scheduled on one weekend day. Every date on the calender withing a days drive from me, is on a Tuesday or Thursday. That will not hinder me in any way, however, my husband will be using a vacation day! 

I located the set list from an earlier show.  There is no way to verify that the entire tour will include the same tracks, but, here is the list:
ROLL ME AWAY


TRYING TO LIVE

HER STRUT

MAINSTREET

OLD TIME ROCK AND ROLL

DOWNTOWN TRAIN

RAMBLIN’ GAMBLIN’ MAN

C’EST LE VIE

GOOD FOR ME

SHININ’ BRIGHTLY

TRAVELIN’ MAN

BEAUTIFUL LOSER

NUTBUSH

COME TO POPPA

IT’S YOUR THING

PUMPIN’

BETTY LOU

WE’VE GOT TONIGHT

TURN THE PAGE

SUNSPOT BABY

HORIZONTAL BOP

KATMANDU

AGAINST THE WIND

HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS

NIGHT MOVES

ROCK & ROLL NEVER FORGETS


Holly Molly, look at all those songs. Most of them are get up and boogies, high energy , tunes.  And the Man is about 65 years old. 
 
This old woman of 52 writing this blog, will have very sore legs from all the dancing that's going to spontaneously, break out.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! My mother is going to be 56 this year. She is a huge fan, so this is the sort of music I grew up listening to. Have a good time! Look forward to hearing more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he delivers a performance worthy of your devotion. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bailey, he coud bomb the performance, and still be worthy in my eyes!

    Chrystal, the performance is April 26th. Stay tuned for the review. Has your Mother ever seen him in concert?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha!! I can see you now!! Rock on Sister!

    I have zz top and skynard tickets for May 14th okc zoo!!!Stoked here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((((MEL)))) My Favorite Rumble Sister! We gotta get together SOON! I have seen ZZ and Skynard, awesome shows, u will love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to have a great time! I agree with the Tuesday/Thursday deal. Everything we have wanted to go to lately has had that problem. We are catching one in August on a Sunday. Kind of a weird day, but we'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time! Great job avoiding the high priced scalpers!

    ReplyDelete